Saturday, August 14, 2010

Baby Nelson

We are so excited to say that our baby is due March 29, 2011. We decided a long time ago we would start trying after the 4th of July. As you can see, it didn't take long.

I honestly didn't think I was pregnant. I had cramps and I thought they were a sign that something other than a baby was coming. They started to get pretty severe so I called my doctor. She simply said "Take a pregnancy test". I stopped on my way home from work and took the test as soon as I walked in. Right away it was positive. Robert usually gets home 15-20 minutes after me. That day, it felt like hours! When he walked in, I told him I had something for him. I showed him the test, which clearly said pregnant. He seemed a little shocked, since he thought with all of the symptoms, that it didn't happen yet. He asked me to take another test, so I did. Positive.
Even with two positive tests, he still didn't believe it. I already had an appointment with my doctor that following Wednesday, so Robert came with. I had bloodwork done a day before so we could have the results that day. I think Robert believes it now because the doctor walked in and said "You're about 5 weeks"!

We had already planned for my sister and brother and three of our friends to come down the following weekend for a Pub Crawl, I will only be about 6 weeks. We knew we were going to have to tell them since I wouldn't be drinking. We decided to invite everyone else, parents, grandparents, and sisters and brothers, down to Bloomington so everyone could find out at the same time. I started thinking of what I could get for everyone. I wanted to get picture frames but I wanted them to say Grandma and Grandpa, Great Grandma, Aunt, and Uncle. Those are really hard to find, so I decided to make them! I took black picture frames and wrote with a white-out pen 'I love my Grandma & Grandpa'. I made one for every aunt and uncle too. We were trying to think how to give them to everyone. I didn't want to wrap them. Robert thought it would be neat to put them on the kitchen table and let them find them on their own. My mom and Robert's mom found them right away. The dads were a little slower, but everyone is excited!