Sunday, July 22, 2012

16 Months!

Brookfield Zoo 

 Brookfield Zoo





 Children's Museum

Children's Museum

We are enjoying this summer a little more than last summer. He is able to do so much more and understands and sees so much more. He wants to walk everywhere...except where you want him to walk which usually ends up in me carrying him and him fussing. He thinks he is such a big boy and doesn't need help with anything. I can't hold his hand or spoon feed him. Sometimes he reaches for my hand when we are walking and that is the best feeling in the whole world but mostly he feels like he can do it all himself. He has been trying to feed himself with forks and spoons so I am going to encourage it as much as I can. There's no reason for me to make him eat with his hands if he doesn't want to. 
Matthew has so many teeth now. He has 11! He has 3 molars now and one more on the way. He is a little more miserable with this one than he has been with the others. I don't like to give him Advil unless it is really necessary and he seems more comfortable after I give it to him. 
I am very blessed to be able to stay home with him and enjoy every moment. Robert is an amazing husband and father. He works so hard so I can be with Matthew. I appreciate everything he does for us and our family. I am so fortunate and I hope he knows how much we love him. 
I can't believe how big he is getting. It is all going so fast now. I can't imagine my life without Robert and Matthew. I have never been happier.