Sunday, July 24, 2011

4 Months!

Matthew is 4 months old already! At times it seems like it is going fast and sometimes it seems it is going slow. He is getting so big. We had his 4 month check-up and he is 14 lbs 2 oz and 25 1/4 inches long. The doctor says that he is perfect. I was worried that he was behind with his motor skills. He can roll over from back to front while I'm changing his diaper or when he is trying to escape. He has great neck control and is very strong. He thinks he is a big boy, he cries if you lay him down on his back. He likes to be up looking around and seeing what everyone else is doing. He has been sleeping through the night for a couple of weeks now. Except, when I go to get him in the morning, he head is on the opposite side of the crib from when I put him to bed! The doctor said since he is sleeping fine, we really don't need to start him on cereal or any solids just yet. I might give him a little in the afternoon since he seems to "snack" and I can't get anything done since I'm feeding him every hour and a half. We will have to see what the doctor says.
He LOVES to smile! We could say anything to him and he just gives us a huge grin! It's adorable every time! I kiss him ALL the time and tell him I love him. I think he knows though.
The doctor says that he doesn't feel any teeth coming in yet, but I think he's crazy. He drools sooo much! If you put your finger anywhere near his mouth, he will bite.  He is starting to like bath time more and more. He splashes around and if I put a toy in his tub, he concentrates really hard on kicking it. He is a big fan of kicking! When I read him his books at night, he kicks the book while I'm reading it to him. It's pretty funny.
Last month I didn't post any pictures because the site wouldn't let me, for some reason. This month, I don't have the time right now but I promise they will make it on.
Can't wait to see what happens next!!