Wednesday, June 22, 2011

3 Months and First Father's Day!

We celebrated Robert's first Father's Day. I made him a mug that has some pictures of Matthew on it and one of Matthew and April, his two babies. Matthew is too young to go golfing or fishing so it was hard to think of something to do all day...and it was raining. Matthew and I let him sleep in a little bit. Then I gave Robert some choices...we could go out to dinner, I could cook him something aweful (I'm really not great in the kitchen) or he could grill his own Father's Day dinner. He agreed to going out and we decided we would go early to avoid the crowds but had to wait for Matthew to wake up and eat. It started to get later and later and Robert made the choice to start grilling. Ya know, it's Matthew's world, we're just living in it!

He is 3 months old today! He is getting bored of everything he used to love. Everything I used to say to get a smile now gets a blank stare. As Aunt Teresa says, I have to update my material! He is getting better at holding his head up and really focuses on things, like April walking by. (She is going to be in trouble!) He loves to stand on my lap and sit up, not by himself yet. He can't roll over yet and really didn't like tummy time, until the other day when I put the camera in front of him. It's amazing how motivated he is to try and grab it! He sleeps like his daddy, most nights all the way through. But plays like his mommy. He is non-stop during the day. He sometimes falls asleep while he's eating but as soon as I try to put him down, his eyes are wide open and he is ready to go again. He discovered his hands and feet too. He will bring his hands to his mouth or watch them open and close. If he's in his highchair and moving his legs, he focuses on his feet moving. He is talking sooo much now. Of course, I say "mama" and "dada" and he says "grrrrr" or "oooohhh". He really is changing every day. He loves his bath now. He moves his legs to "splash" around. He does drool A LOT now. It gets all over his top. Needless to say, we wear bibs now. Well I could go on and on about ALL the amazing things he loves and can do, but it would take forever! We LOVE this little boy!