Thursday, June 2, 2011

2 Months!

I can't even describe the love I have for this little boy. He is growing more and more every day. He now weighs 12 pounds 5 ounces! I think he has his mother's love for eating. We took him for his two month shots, he had to get three. After the month we had, severe gas pain and the worst diaper rash I've ever seen, he didn't cry as hard as we thought. I didn't either, just teared up a little bit. The doctor said that he is more alert than most babies at two months. He said that could be "bad", jokingly, because he will think he's smarter than us. Great. He loves it when we talk to him and tries to talk back. I'm almost certain that he has laughed once or twice but I'm not sure. He knows our voices and even if he doesn't see us, he will smile.
April is still doing great with him. She is very protective and wants to make sure he is okay. If he is crying and we haven't gotten to him yet, she will run over and lick his foot or hand, like she's telling him it's okay. If we are holding him and he is crying, she just puts her head down. I don't know how she is going to feel when he is crawling all over her.
Robert and I decided that it would be best for our family if I stayed home and took care of Matthew! I loved my job and my coworkers so it was a tough decision but I love watching Matthew grow and he is going to be learning and doing a lot more in the upcoming months!

 Four Generations
 Matthew is wearing his Cubs outfit from Great Grandpa




Ryan has a look on his face that seems to say "I wasn't going to hurt him, I promise!"
Four Generations