Sunday, August 21, 2011

5 Months!

It dawned on me after trying to find pictures for his 4 month update that we don't take a lot of pictures. Not with our camera at least. I need to take more, it goes fast and I will never get another chance.
Our boy is amazing. Everything he does makes me smile. He is all I want to talk about.
He is "talking" now. He mumbles a lot, especially when he's tired. It is almost like he is trying to say he isn't sleepy! He still doesn't like to roll over. He will roll from back to front when he wants to...while I'm changing his diaper or at 5 am! He is anxious to sit up and crawl. He cries when he is on his back so I let him stand with me holding his hands and he smiles. When he is on his tummy, he will slide his legs under and lift his butt up and try to scoot. He goes a couple of inches but only gets more frustrated. We will see how long this takes before he figures it out!
At his 4 month appointment, his doctor said he didn't think he was teething. I can't wait to see what he says when we show up next month at his 6 month visit with two bottom teeth!! It took a week. He was unbelievably crabby, nothing would get him to stop crying. I started to give him tylenol and he would chew on my fingers, hands, shoulder...anything really. He still drools, but not as much as he was before. And I know it still bothers him sometimes.
Matthew just adores his daddy and his April! When April walks by, he will stop and watch her. And she loves him too! She will bring her toys and bones over to him and comes up and licks him. I don't let her lick his hand or face but I will let her lick his feet sometimes. He can't get those into his mouth yet. When Robert gets home, he stops and looks for him and just smiles as big as he can. Lately we have been spending a lot of time in our hammock and taking at least one walk a day. We love to be outside.
I have to spend some time and talk about our first baby, April. For anyone who doesn't know, she has had a lot of health issues since we adopted her. We have taken her to two different vets in Bloomington who said they were allergies but thought that changing her dog food when she would show signs would be a good solution. Two years later, she is still having problems with ear infections, hives on her belly and lately she has been losing fur. We decided to take her to the Glen Ellyn Animal Hospital. Right away the vet said we should get her tested to see what she is allergic to. Changing her food and giving her steroids every month was just "kicking the can down the road". So we agreed and it was the best idea! She is allergic to house dust mites, flea saliva and food storage mites, nothing involving the food she was eating. They made something that I have to inject her with that will hopefully help with her allergies. At first, I was a little nervous about giving her shots but it doesn't even bother her and we have noticed an improvement already!! All good news and hope to have a healthier and happier puppy!