Monday, September 26, 2011

6 Months!

6 months already! I just can't believe it! It didn't seem like it was going fast but now it does! Especially since in the next 6 months, we will be doing a lot more...learning to crawl and walk and eating new foods. Very exciting!
He's such a big boy but still such a baby. He can sit by himself now. He's still a little wobbly but he's getting it. He can push himself up almost on all fours but it doesn't last long. With a little more practice, he'll be crawling in no time! We are giving him a sippy cup and solids now. Those are still more of a pain than a help. I thought that I would have a little more freedom once he started solids and I think that comes a little later because right now it's a mess! We have tried bananas and sweet potatoes so far, and he really likes bananas. I'm also trying to get him on a schedule. Up until now, I've been trying to let him tell me when he is hungry and tired. He was almost on a schedule anyways but enforcing it is a little easier said than done. He is very strong-willed. Even the doctor said so. That's not good for us.
A couple of weeks ago, we were in Destin, Florida. I was standing up in a wedding and we thought it would be easier if we had someone to watch Matthew. I asked mom and dad if they would be available and they said yes without hesitation. We were already talking about going on another family vacation so we chose Florida! Richard, Teresa, Joe and Ryan all came too. It was really amazing! We went to the beach every morning and when it was time for the boys to take their naps, we sat by the pool, most of the time with margaritas! :) It was perfect. We couldn't have asked for better weather and better company! Thank you mom and dad!!

adjusting his mirrors in his jeep


rolling over during changing, he will hate me for this picture!

trying to crawl!