Saturday, October 22, 2011

7 Months!

Wow! Okay, that last month went by in the blink of an eye! It seems like I just updated!
I cannot believe he is 7 months old! He is working on crawling. He will push himself up and then scoot a little and kick his legs as fast as he can. Sometimes, he will roll and then scoot a little on his side and roll again until he is somewhat where he wants to be. I want him to be able to crawl but I know I should just enjoy the time. I can put him down and go get a cup of coffee and come back and he is right where I left him. That won't be the case once he starts crawling, or ever again.
This past week has been really tough. I'm almost certain he has six teeth trying to come in right now, four on the top and two on the bottom on either side of the two that are already in. His mouth is swollen and he is just not happy. For everyone that knows him, he wouldn't eat for two days! That should prove something!! He has not taken a decent nap in a while and wakes up several times during the night. When his bottom two came in, this phase only lasted a week so I'm hoping that they pop through soon and I can have my happy baby back.
Robert and I don't have much time alone so we took an opportunity to go to the zoo in Bloomington. It was so nice to walk around with Robert and watch Matthew notice certain animals. I am excited for when we can take him and he can enjoy it more. There is so much I want to show him!
We have been trying solid foods now and he loves to eat! We have tried sweet potato, carrots, peas, applesause, bananas and avacado. The only thing he didn't care for was the avacado. He has something to help him eat more independently. It is a mesh sack that prevents him from getting bites that are too big for him. I put a small piece of banana in it and he is satisfied for quite a while. He loves it, and loves banana!
We are getting ready for Halloween. He has his costume already (actually since last year when I was still pregnant!) and we will probably go and get our pumpkins soon. I love this time of year!



(this was an old picture that never made it, until now)

Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington
These birds seemed very interested in Matthew

Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington
I was more afraid than Matthew!

Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington

Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington

Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington

Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington