Friday, March 23, 2012

One Year Old!

I can't believe that a year has gone by. It has been the best year. Matthew has grown and become such a fun, smart little boy. He has learned so much. I love watching him do everything...play, eat, and ,I know it sounds creepy, but I love watching him sleep too.
He loves playing. He has so many toys and loves them all. I watch his big cousin Ryan two days a week and it is amazing. Not only do I get to spend time with Ryan, but Matthew is learning so fast from watching him too. They don't really play together but they fight over the same toys. They will eventually and hopefully become best buddies!
He still loves to eat everything! He is such a good eater. I love making him meals and seeing how much he likes them. He still lets me know if there is something he doesn't like, but that doesn't happen too often.
All in all, he is a good sleeper. He gets very cuddly when he is ready for bed. We have the same bedtime routine and he loves it. He has an elephant lovey that stays in his crib. He cuddles with it and goes right to sleep.
We are working on weaning him and starting whole milk. It is a lot harder than people think. I give him milk once during the day, nurse him in the morning and night, and every drink in between is water with a little bit of apple juice. When he drinks the milk, if he does, he lets it drip out of his mouth and onto his shirt. I hope that he starts to like it soon. Otherwise, I will be wasting a lot of milk.
We had one of his birthday parties last weekend and it was a blast! He had so much fun. We have two more! I put some pictures up after all three. We had pictures taken and they turned out so well! He loves the camera. He's our little ham!
I really don't know what I would do without him. He is teaching me so much about myself, from little things like fruit isn't so bad to bigger things like having more patience. I can't imagine life without him.