Tuesday, October 19, 2010

17 weeks! IT'S A BOY!!

We had a great weekend!! I can't keep anything a secret so when I was thinking about having an ultrasound to find out if it was a boy or a girl, I knew Tuesdays (when we usually have our appointments) wouldn't work. Otherwise, I would have everyone on the phone telling them instead of telling them in person, which is what I really wanted. We had to tell so many people that we were expecting over the phone that I wanted this to be special. I rescheduled the appointment for Friday when I knew we were coming up that weekend. It was in the afternoon so all I had to do was not talk to anyone after and sit in the car for two hours. It was so amazing to see our baby again! At first he had his legs crossed and we couldn't see anything. The tech was moving my belly around to hopefully get him moving. Finally he started kicking his legs and we could see that we were having a boy!
We bought a blue bib that said "Adorable Baby Boy" and thought it would be cute to show everyone. Everyone is really excited!! And it was worth it to keep the secret so I could see everyone's reactions. Now we can think about names and decorating the room. We still have a lot of time, 23 weeks, but I'm also really anxious and excited so why wait?!