Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baby Shower!

We had our first baby shower Saturday (of four!).  We are very blessed to have such amazing parents. The shower was at Prarie Landing Golf Course and hosted by Robert's parents and my dad and step mom. We are amazed at how many people came together to celebrate with us. We are excited to become parents and can't thank everyone enough for the generous gifts!
We received a lot of what we will need... our car seat and stroller, snap n go, bouncer, and tons of clothes! We were also given our bedding! I think I've said this before...Aunt Nancy is soo talented! We are so lucky that she was willing to make us blankets, a bedskirt, a bumper pad and a pillow! It is so cute and unlike anything you can buy at a store!
I have been so excited with everything coming up in February that I had completely forgotten about my birthday! Saturday after the shower, we went to Robert's parents and celebrated February birthdays (mine, Robert's mom, and Richard). Teresa and I didn't wait long to pull everything out of the cars and go through it all again! Sunday morning, Robert's parents followed us to Bloomington with a car full of gifts and helped us put it all away. I REALLY can't thank them enough!
Even after they left, I couldn't leave the room. I put the bouncer and sleep n play together and tried to organize as much as I could. The room is so cute, I don't want to walk out of it!
Thank you again for everyone that came! This baby is so spoiled! I will post more pictures of the shower and of the nursery soon!